Monday, June 22, 2009


Many years ago I had a photographer friend from Kentucky who thought that photography was just documentation. In part...and only in part, do I think that is true. For example when I think about doing this blog, I want to show what Monique and I are experiencing. In a sense it dictates what type of photos that we take. More subtlely, our intentions, and more subtle yet the manner in which we 'SEE'. So with my second trip to L'Orangerie, I am taking the kind of photos that I wanted to take the first time two years ago. The L'Orangerie houses the immense water lilly patings by Monet. I was struck by how one could become engulfed in this color as background.

Color theorist know that if a color surrounds you, it controls you. I wanted to document that phenomenon relative to visitors

Kent

No comments: