Thursday, August 6, 2009


A couple of weeks ago we rented a car and drove to Sete, which is a city with three or so harbors. Sete sits on the edge of the Mediterranean and naturally is host to many seafood restaurants and a beach which I could not find on foot. Sete also has a mountain of sorts called Mont Saint Clair. This is where our host family lives. We arrived a little early so we decided to drive up the mountain. By Colorado standards it would be a hill, yet it was steep nevertheless. So steep in fact, that I couldn't get the car up the driveway. My first attempt produced tire screeches and black smoke. Monique who has a height phobia, was convinced that I was going to loose control and roll backwards down the mountain. I didn't think we would roll down the mountain, but I did think we might crash into the wall at the bottom of the driveway. After much screaming on both our parts, Monique ejected herself from the car, while I had the bright idea of trying to back up the driveway. It was worse. I couldn't see were I was going and I couldn't get the right pressure on the clutch, so the car continued to stall. I gave up and parked on the street.But I digress. As I mentioned before we were early so we discovered a platform type of observatory that gave us a wonderful birds eye view of Sete.

No comments: