Saturday, August 22, 2009

We just returned from the south of France,the Ales area to be specific. We saw the place that we are to rent for the next 9 months, and met our landlord's parents. Very nice place. Very nice warm parents. Our plan is to live in the area and use this place as a base to search for a home and settle down. We left a day early so that we could visit Za who lives just outside of Uzes. As you may remember, Za has a swimming pool. I absolutely love the water. But I don't like to be in it. I'm a horrible swimmer. Water goes up my nose and my sinuses are plugged for a week. However this week, it was so hot in that part of the country that both Monique and I changed our minds. I jumped in first with my clothes on. Monique borrowed a suit from Za and soon we were all much relieved from the unbearable heat. Contrary to my habit of avoiding swimming, I stayed in the pool on and off about three hours. I even took a video of me trying to swim. Kent

No comments: